Event Services News
Welcome Center Rooms Available for Reservation
posted by TERESA BROWN on 1/15/14
As of January 15, 2014, the Welcome Center’s Presentation Hall, two small conference rooms, and the digital lounge will be available for reservations after operating hours through the online Campus Event Management System (CEMS). We hope this new facility will help to open more on-campus space options for evening meetings and events.
- Welcome Center is available for event reservations Monday through Friday after 5pm and on weekends after 3pm.
- Reservations for the full facility and Presentation Hall will be accepted 13 months out from the event date. Reservations for the Digital Lounge and meeting rooms 1 & 2 will be accepted three months out from the event date.
- Capacities and rates can be viewed on the following pages.
- Capacities: http://www.cevs.ucdavis.edu/Public/content.cfm?CONTENT=34
- Rates: http://www.cevs.ucdavis.edu/Public/content.cfm?CONTENT=81
- For more information/arrange a tour of the Welcome Center, please call Adrianne Bataska at the UCD Conference Center/Welcome Center at 752-2043 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CES Cancellation Policy Update
posted by ANA KITCHEN on 9/18/13
Effective October 1, 2013 a non-refundable reservation fee in the amount of $40 for paid facilities (ex. Alumni Center, ARC, Pavilion, etc.) and $10 in general assignment classrooms scheduled for meetings, will be applied to all reservations. Please note that a facility rental fee is applied in paid spaces. To view facility rental fees, please go to http://ces.ucdavis.edu/ces_pages/download/CEVS%20website/Public%20Rates%20for%20Facilities.pdf.
· Reservations that charge a registration fee and/or fundraise will be charged a $40 non-refundable fee regardless of location.
· Reservations made prior to October 1, 2013 are eligible for the $20 cancellation fee applied per room, per day in paid spaces, and $5 fee charged for general assignment classrooms. The cancellation fee is in addition to the cancellation charges assessed by facility managers in paid spaces. To view cancellation policies for buildings on campus, please go to http://www.cevs.ucdavis.edu/Public/content.cfm?CONTENT=36.
CES Coordination Fees
posted by ANA KITCHEN on 9/18/13 - last edited by ANA KITCHEN on 9/26/13
A coordination fee may be assessed for changes to reservations that require multiple room and date changes. A $40 coordination fee will apply to single use reservation changes. For example, moving an event from one location to another, or adjusting the date. A $80 coordination fee will apply to multiple use reservation changes. For example, reservations that have multiple rooms attached to a single permit. The coordination fee will cover our time to contact the facility manger to obtain approval, change the reservation, update the permit, adjust the billing, and issue the revised permit.
Fees will not be assessed due to the following:
· Adjusting times is free for single facility use reservations
· Banner Bumped reservations
· Single touch changes for single facility use reservations
Any exception to the scheduling parameter will incur a coordination fee. For example, booking a reservation in general assignment space before 6pm on a weekday. Please note the policy currently in place for general assignment classrooms is enforced by the Office of the Registrar. A $40 coordination fee may apply for all paper forms, “Other Building/Other Room”, or reservation requests that are outside the pre-approved scheduling parameters. Clients may also opt to cancel the reservation, and create a new request to avert coordination fees. Please note that the reservation fee is non-refundable.
posted by TERESA BROWN on 2/28/08 - last edited by ANA KITCHEN on 9/18/13
Welcome to the Event Services website! Event Services serves both university and non-university clients.
CES manages the reservation system for all non-instruction related events and meetings on campus that are sponsored by the university. We provide fee-for-service event coordination for the university community. To reserve campus facilities, please go to ces.ucdavis.edu/cems/index.cfm
Conference and Event Services provides full service event planning and registration services. We work with off-campus groups requesting to hold programs at UC Davis, and we also provide services for on-campus clients who need assistance with event planning and/or registration services.
If you would like to meet with us to discuss your program needs, please call (530) 752-2675 or send an e-mail to email@example.com. When making an inquiry, please provide the following information:
1) The title and type of event
2) The location(s) of interest (if applicable)
3) The expected attendance
4) Specific dates
5) Event time
We look forward to working with you to make your event a success!