Managing Lands in a Changing Climate to Improve Agricultural Resilience, Food Security, and Health
If you are submitting an abstract and to present at the symposium, you will receive complementary registration if your abstract is accepted. Please DO NOT register for the symposium until you have received word regarding your abstract
Sumit Abstract for LightingTalk
Friday, August 3 (11:59pm PDT)
Notifications of Acceptance
Friday, August 10, 2018
Confirmations Due from Accepted Submissions
Friday, August 17, 2018
Process & Criteria
A limited number of abstracts will be selected for lightning talks at the Global Climate Action Summit affiliated event: Managing Lands in a Changing Climate to Improve Agricultural Resilience, Food Security, and Health on Monday, September 10, 2018. Submissions will be reviewed and evaluated based on topic relevance, originality, and quality. Abstracts should showcase success stories and promising approaches relevant at the climate-food-health nexus. For example this could include strategies to combat malnutrition and lessen the burden of stunting in a changing climate and to reduce the risk of disease in agricultural systems that are expanding to meet global demands for food, especially animal source foods.
- Abstracts should include: title, authors, aims, methods, results/conclusions
- The total word count may not exceed 400 words
- Abstracts should be in narrative form – no tables, charts or graphs
- Limit of one abstract submission per individual
- Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed
If your abstract is accepted:
- You will need to confirm your intention to participate. If the organizing committee does not receive this confirmation by August 17th, your space will be forfeited.
- Each speaker has 5 minutes for their talk and must prepare pre-timed slides that cannot be advanced by the speaker. Please note that final slides with your timing built in must be emailed to the organizing committee prior to the symposium. Full details will be provided to speakers upon acceptance.
- If your abstract is accepted for the symposium and you cannot attend the event, you must notify the organizing committee and withdraw from the event
Questions? Contact email@example.com.